2 Cups of Flour
2 Cups of Rolled Oats
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Dessicated Coconut
2 tsp of Baking Powder
1 tsp of Vanilla Essense
1 Tblsp of Golden Syrup
350g of Butter
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 deg.
2. Add all your dry ingredients into a bowl.
3. In a seperate bowl melt your butter.
4. Add your vanilla essence and syrup to your melted butter and give it a good stir.
5. Pour the melted butter mixture into your dry ingredients, mix it all together.
6. Pour the mixture onto a non stick baking tray, spreading it out evenly.
7. Place baking tray into the oven and bake for +- 20-25mins or until golden brown.
8. Take them out of the oven and allow to cool before cutting into squares.
For the Icing you will need:
2 Cups of icing
2 tsp of cocoa powder
A dash of vanilla essence
Put all the ingredients into a bowl, slowly adding a little bit of hot water at a time until you reach the correct consistency. Spread over the crunchies and sprinkle with dessicated coconut.
450g of peeled Pumpkin
A pinch of Salt & Sugar
1/2 cup of Flour
1 tsp Baking powder
3 Tbs of Sunflower Oil
For the Cinnamon Sugar:
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1. Steam your pumpkin with a little Salt and Sugar for +- 25min.
2. Once your pupkin is nice and soft, remove from steamer and allow to cool.
3. In the bowl with your cooled pumpkin, add your flour, baking powder and eggs.
4. depending on your consistency, you may need to add a little bit of milk.
5. In a heavy based frying pan, add your oil and allow to heat up.
6. Add spoonfuls (we preffered tablespoon size) to the oil and fry till nice and golden brown.
7. Remove from the oil and place on kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
8. In a bowl mix up your Cinnamon and Sugar and sprinkle onto your warm fritter.